The concept for In Their Own Words was developed by Allan Pepper and Vin Scelsa during the first part of 1990. Their aim was to create a special kind of musical performance – one that struck a balance between concert and interview, allowing artists to open up their vast stores of musical resources, and share insight into the process of songwriting.
More than 140 songwriters performed at 37 ITOW shows at The Bottom Line, and at over 100 shows on the road, between 1990-1996.
This collection features breathtaking performances and stories behind the songs by Pete Seeger, Billy Bragg, John Cale, Bruce Cockburn, Suzanne Vega, Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook and many more.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS (VOLUME TWO) REMASTERED
1. Vin Scelsa Introduction
2. Gordon Gano: Songwriter’s Song
3. Sir Mack Rice & Felix Cavaliere: Mustang Sally
4. Billy Bragg: To Have and Have Not
5. Suzanne Vega: Luka
6. William Bell: Born Under A Bad Sign
7. Patty Smyth: Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough
8. John Cale: Paris 1919
9. David Johansen: Lookin’ For A Kiss
10. Bruce Cockburn: Silver Wheels
11. General Johnson: Patches
12. Pete Seeger: Get Up and Go
13. Chris Difford & Glenn Tilbrook: Electric Trains
14. Marcia Ball: Louisiana 1927
15. Don Dixon: Fever
16. Jill Sobule: I Will Survive
17. Gary Nicholson: Pay Bo Diddley